Keep content interesting, relevant and valuable
Don’t waste your customers’ time or clutter their inboxes with info they don’t want! Use interesting content that’s relevant to their business. Highlight new products and services and offer practical tips and advice. Keep it short and simple. Add links to your website where they can click to find out /read more.
Explain what they get for their email address
Everyone likes FREE expert know-how and advice, so explain the advantages of signing up and how your newsletter will benefit their business. You can also spell out how you’ll protect subscriber’s information. And maybe include a link to a previous edition to see what they’ll get.
Give them an incentive
Create exclusive or special benefits for your newsletter subscribers – perhaps a free e-book, a subscriber discount, or free consultancy session. Now place the offer “above the fold” (the part of your website that’s visible without scrolling).
At Granite 5, we run our newsletter through MailChimp, which is free for up to 2,000 email addresses. You also get help with design templates and tracking your results.
7 Top Tips to encourage e-news sign-ups>
• Send regularly but not too frequently.
• Put your business branding on the newsletter
• It’s a legal requirement for all Limited companies to include company details including registration number on all electronic communications.
• Make sure you have an unsubscribe message, allowing users to opt-out
• Measure response – who’s opening and reading the newsletter, then phoning you or clicking through to your website?
• Personalise mail-outs as much as possible
• Ask for clients’ feedback and suggestions on what to include